Phoenix House Prep Cook in Brooklyn, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
• Prepares the ingredients Cook to prepare the entrees and meals that are offered on the menu
• Assists in cleaning the kitchen
• Receives deliveries and stores food
• Rotates stock in containers to maintain freshness
• Makes lists of items that need to be ordered and assists in keeping the kitchen organized
• Other duties may be assigned
• High School diploma
• Cooking courses preferred
• Culinary Diploma/Associate’s degree in culinary arts preferred
• NYS ServSafe certificate
• Minimum one (1) year related experience
• On-the-job training in knife use and safe and sanitary food handling procedures
• Possesses knowledge of safe food-handling procedures and sanitary kitchen conditions
• Attention to detail with has excellent reading comprehension skills
• Ability to follow instructions and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Displays superior knife skills and can quickly and safely slice or chop meal ingredients into exact dimensions called for in the recipe.
•Possesses a clear understanding of weights and measures with good math skills
•Has a strong sense of taste and smell
Mon - Fri, 5:00am - 1:00pm
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.