Community Support Specialist / Direct Care
Phoenix House currently seeks a Community Support Specialist to provide youth client supervision during waking and sleeping hours.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Provides client supervision in a safe, therapeutic setting.
* Ensures that clients adhere to the day-to-day program and activities schedule.
* Monitors and participates in program events and activities.
* Supervises clients in the self-administration of medication and documents appropriately.
* Conducts and documents appropriately room/bed checks to ensure resident safety and presence. Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security. Conducts contraband searches in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Assumes lead duties for shift(s) as assigned.
* Presents, facilitates or co-facilitates various group education presentations as assigned.
* Provides safe, timely, and supervised transportation of clients to off-site appointments or activities as needed.
* Maintains accurate documentation in staff log, client charts, medication log, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
* Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with teen clients
* Proficiency in MS Office products including effective data entry skills
* At least one year experience working with youth or substance abuse population
* Valid Texas drivers’ license and acceptable driving record
* Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish and English is preferred
Phoenix House, the nation’s leading non-profit substance abuse services provider, offers substance abuse services to the Dallas, Austin and the Houston/Galveston Bay communities that offer a continuum of care including community coalition mobilization, prevention education, residential and outpatient treatment, day treatment, aftercare and family support services.
Phoenix House offers a competitive compensation packages as well as a full range of attractive company sponsored health, welfare, and retirement benefits.
If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging career at Phoenix House and believe that you have the qualifications necessary to excel in our dynamic environment we invite you to apply by submitting your resume to MBLishcmann@phoenixhouse.org
Please be sure to indicate the position title and city as the subject of the e-mail/fax.
For more information on Phoenix House and career opportunities, please visit www.phoenixhouse.org
Equal Opportunity Employer