Phoenix House Addiction Recovery Support in Long Island City, United States
Phoenix House New York has helped thousands of people overcome substance and alcohol abuse in order to lead healthy, productive, and rewarding lives. Since 1967, we have been committed to supporting individuals and families by providing a wide range of services, from prevention, early intervention, and treatment to continuing care and recovery support.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, Recovery Support Staff provides the operational support to facilitate the delivery of optimal clinical services to clients.
• Ensures that clients adhere to the day-to-day program schedule, tracking attendance as required.
• Monitors participation in program events and activities.
• Conducts and documents appropriately room/bed checks (minimally every thirty minutes) to ensure resident safety and presence.
• Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security.
• Reviews client property/items upon admission or receipt to ensure compliance with facility and program rules.
• Conducts contraband searches and drug screen analysis administration in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Mentors clients towards success in program including but not limited to behavior modification, program rules, school work, job responsibilities and appropriate social interactions with peers, family and staff.
• Maintains accurate documentation in staff log, incident reports, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum one (1) year experience working with substance abuse population preferred
Tues - Sat; 2 day shifts & 3 evening shifts
Please submit resumes to DirRecruit@phoenixhouse.org with "Recovery Support Tues-Sat - Long Island City" in the subject line.