Phoenix House Admissions Counselor in Ronkonkoma, New York
Phoenix House New York has helped thousands of people overcome substance and alcohol abuse in order to lead healthy, productive, and rewarding lives. Since 1967, we have been committed to supporting individuals and families by providing a wide range of services, from prevention, early intervention, and treatment to continuing care and recovery support.
Reporting to the Campus Director, Admissions Specialist is responsible for screens, interviews, schedules and completes assessments and admissions utilizing Comprehensive Intake Assessment, Modified Mini Screening, LOCADTR3.
• Conducts level of care assessments with medical/psych department plus campus leader
• Coordinates and completes the admission process of clients with approval by their authorized representatives and/or funding agencies, to maintain an accurate daily census
• Evaluates test results, psych evaluations and other reports/interviews to determine if candidate is appropriate for treatment at Phoenix House.
• Maintains accurate and timely documentation in accordance with the expectations and standards of Phoenix House policy and procedures and state licensing requirements.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related field
• Valid NYS license as LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT
• Minimum two (2) years related experience
• Familiarity with regulations governing Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Services
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 6:00pm
Please submit your resume to email address: DirRecruit@phoenixhouse.org provided with “Admissions Counselor - Ronkonkoma” in the subject line.