Phoenix House has an immediate opening for a Senior Counselor at our Delaware County Center in a historic turn-of-the-century mansion located in South Kortright, New York. The Center offers highly structured long-term adult residential substance abuse treatment services for men. Our programs stress the importance of developing and enriching the life skills necessary to succeed in recovery and in the community. Treatment plans address each client’s individual needs and are designed to achieve specific goals in their recovery. In addition to individual and group counseling and family reunification services, we also aid our clients in finding sustainable employment that will help them live successful, drug-free lives.
The Senior Counselor will counsel clients individually and in group sessions to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life in recovery and making changes.
S/he will have the opportunity to participate in case conferences to assess client progress and make recommendations for changes in treatment planning should it be warranted, supervise staff in scheduling all client treatment activities, as well as assign caseloads. Working with the Program Director, s/he will play a key role in assessing staff development and training needs. S/he will also hone their skills and be responsible for compliance with policies and procedures regarding record keeping and HIPPA laws.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
• CASAC preferred
• Substance Abuse and/or mental health experience required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required
• Ability to perform under clinical and administrative pressure
• Proficient with a variety of computer applications including MS Office suite, electronic health records experience preferred
• Motivated, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of attention to detail, set priorities, trouble-shoot and meet deadlines
• Must be flexible for evening and weekend shifts
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Knowledge of substance abuse treatment & prevention issues are key
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with "counselor position" in the subject line. We at Phoenix House appreciate your interest and consideration of roles in our organization.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.