Phoenix House Program Director in Wainscott, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Director Director reports to the Chief Clinical Officer and responsible for the management of the 820 licensed residential program.
• Day to day management of the residence and services
• Administrative functions and reporting, including preparing annual budgets, controlling monthly expenses, scheduling staff and issuing required monthly reports
• Developing relationships with appropriate government agencies and community service providers, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology or related major
• Doctoral degree in a related field preferred
• Unrestrictive NYS license in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling (if licensed elsewhere, willingness to apply for a NYS license)
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ related experience in the chemical dependence treatment field
Please submit your resume to DirRecruit@phoenixhouse.org with “Program Director - Wainscott” in the subject line.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.