Phoenix House Counselor in Citra, Florida
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
We are currently seeking a counselor to be responsible for managing a caseload of clients and providing sound, therapeutic treatment and managing the day to day operations.
• Perform mental health screening and biopsychosocial assessments on potential residents and make judgments on admission or referral out
• Provide individual, group and family counseling and facilitate special clinical groups as requested.
• Maintain current, accurate and confidential clinical charts and submit all documentation and reports in a timely manner.
• Maintain ongoing communication with the resident structure to determine the overall environment of the community, identify problems and possible solutions, and help coordinate the smooth transition of scheduled activities.
• Perform property and body screens to identify alcohol and drugs, weapons, paraphernalia, or other inappropriate belongings on incoming prospects and residents returning from off-property activities
• Perform drug screens.
• Oversee self-administration of medication by residents.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• CAP OR CCJAP or other certification meeting standards of a "qualified professional"
• Master’s preferred.
• Valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
•Minimum of two (2) years previous counseling experience in substance abuse treatment or mental health setting
•Previous experience in a Therapeutic Community (TC) setting preferred.
•Knowledge of emotional and physical needs of substance abusers.
•Possess a thorough knowledge of various treatment methods and experience working with diverse populations.
•Knowledge of 12-step recovery programs preferred
•Must be able to work with male/female, adult (18-over) and adolescent (13-18) substance
use/dually diagnosed/opiate dependent population.
•Must be able to work with culturally diverse populations
•Ability to develop and implement marketing strategies, referral relationships, and community relations activities for a specific geographic area.
Sun - Thurs, 1:00 - 10:00pm
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law:Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled