Phoenix House Licensed Vocational Nurse in Lake View Terrace, California
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House of Lake View Terrace is currently hiring a LVN. The LVN is responsible for assessing and monitoring the client’s on-going addiction, recovery, and medical needs. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team members to coordinate addiction and recovery treatment with medical treatment.
• Provide general nursing care services and administers medications
• Use professional nursing processes, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, while carrying out nursing responsibilities
• Assess health care needs of clients through a variety of routine interdisciplinary assessments, and develops, implements, and evaluates individualized nursing and health care plans accordingly
• Respond to emergency health care needs of the clients
• Perform health screenings of clients
• Collect and record data specific to the health status of clients
• Collaborate to develop nursing guidelines/protocols for medical and health care needs.
• Monitor and clinically directs special programs such as infection control and medication management
• Participates in interdisciplinary planning meetings and recommends changes in nursing and health care programs and/or in the care of clients.
• Provides health care instruction and information to individuals and staff relating to the promotion of health and wellness.
Responsible for maintaining ethical standards and continued professional growth, including
• Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician
• Two (2) years experience; preferably in substance abuse treatment and/or with adolescents, preferred
•Possess and maintain a valid California Drivers license and a driving record that allows for operation of company vehicles.
• Must meet federal, state and local Criminal Clearance and Child Abuse Indexing requirements.
• Applicant must be either a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to work in the Untied States.
• Maintain current licensure/certification including CPR, First Aid, and Medication Management
• Maintain professional boundaries with staff and clients
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
We at Phoenix House appreciate your interest and consideration of roles in our organization.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled