Phoenix House Recovery Support Specialist in Venice, California
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, Recovery Support Staff provides the operational support to facilitate the delivery of optimal clinical services to clients.
• Ensures that clients adhere to the day-to-day program schedule, tracking attendance as required.
• Monitors participation in program events and activities.
• Conducts and documents appropriately room/bed checks (minimally every thirty minutes) to ensure resident safety and presence.
• Conducts routine facility checks to ensure facility safety and security.
• Reviews client property/items upon admission or receipt to ensure compliance with facility and program rules.
• Conducts contraband searches and drug screen analysis administration in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assumes lead duties for shift(s) as assigned, which includes ensuring that the program schedule is followed, all duties are assigned and completed by team during the shift and critical incidents are reported to the Manager on Call and appropriately documented.
• Mentors clients towards success in program including but not limited to behavior modification, program rules, school work, job responsibilities and appropriate social interactions with peers, family and staff.
• Provides safe, timely, and supervised transportation of clients to off-site appointments or activities as needed.
• Maintains accurate documentation in staff log, incident reports, facility forms, and/or other reports in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field (preferred)
• Or 1 year experience in field (residential facility, drug and alcohol counseling) and High School diploma or equivalent
• Willing to obtain drug and alcohol certification
• Valid state drivers’ license and acceptable driving record preferred
• Two years experience working with substance abuse population preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish and English preferred
(1) Sunday –Thursday 3:00pm-11:30pm
(1) Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:30pm
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with "RSS-LVT" in the subject line.